The Girls Inc. Annual Fund
You may contribute to Girls Incorporated in any amount that is feasible to you and your family. You may also choose to donate on an annual, monthly, or quarterly basis. You may make your contribution online at https://gigcr.ejoinme.org/?tabid=455724 or through mail by sending a check or money order payable to Girls Inc. to:
Girls Inc. of the Greater Capital Region
Attn: Development Office
962 Albany Street
Schenectady, NY 12307
Gifts in Honor or Memory of a Loved One or Friend
Making a gift in honor or memory of someone close to you is a great way to show your support for them as well as for Girls Inc. We are happy to acknowledge the person or the family of the person you are honoring.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made to charitable organizations such as Girls Inc. by their employees. A matching gift program offers you an opportunity to maximize your contribution because the company may match your gift dollar for dollar or up to a certain percentage of the monies given. To find out if your company, federal or state agency offers a matching gifts program you should contact the human resources professional in your organization. Recently we have accepted matching gifts from the following : Aetna Life and Casualty, Bank of America, GE, SEFA, Traveler’s Insurance, and Verizon.
We will gladly accept a contribution of your time as a volunteer, or goods and services to help support the operations and programs provided by Girls Inc.
- Click here and view our wish list.
- All donations, including in-kind gifts, receive an IRS tax-deductible letter of acknowledgement.
Building Futures for Girls Society
This prestigious group of individuals is made up of those who have pledged their support to Girls Inc. for multiple years.
Corporate Partners Program
Girls Inc. is supported by corporations through strategic partnerships, donations and sponsorships as well as through grants which fund specific programs. Corporate Partners may be eligible for recognition and other benefits through our annual corporate partners program. Click here to view our corporate partners. Please contact us for more details: (518) 374-9800 Ext. 241.
Girls Inc. hosts several events through out the year. This offers supporters another opportunity to become involved and give at a level which is comfortable to them.
- Our Annual Dinner & Auction is held in April. In 2015, it was attended by 300 individuals and businesses.
- The Fuel Her Fire Awards Celebration is held in September and recognizes local women who are demonstrated catalysts of professional success in the Capital Region, and are powerful role models and mentors for others.
- The Strong, Smart, and Bold Breakfast is our mission focused event held in the winter. We invite experts and community leaders to share information and resources on important social issues.
- We also have an email newsletter available should you like to receive information of events and what’s new at Girls Inc. right to your mailbox.
- Looking to Save the Date for an upcoming event? Click here to see our calendar of events.
- See an event you want to attend? Please join us and bring a friend or two!
The Margret Noble Planned Giving Society
The Margret Noble Planned Giving Society recognizes individuals who have included Girls Inc. in their estate plan. Please contact Monica Marrow Russo in the Development Office for more information on how to become a Margret Noble Society Member: (518) 374-9800 Ext. 241.
About our Funding Sources
For 70 years, Girls Incorporated of the Greater Capital Region has inspired all girls to be strong, smart and bold™. Girls Incorporated of the Greater Capital Region is a 501(c)(3) organization incorporated in New York State. All contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. On an annual basis we receive approximately:
- 21% of revenue from individuals
- 25% of from government grants
- 15% from private foundations
- 10% from corporations
The remaining balance of revenue comes from interest income and program fees. More than three-quarters (or 75%) of Girl’s Inc functional expenses go directly to support programs and services for girls. We are proud of the continued progress we make at Girls Inc. Not only are our programs are going strong but also we work to develop partnerships with strong community organizations corporations, and government stakeholders. These collaborations enable us to expand the educational and fun opportunities for the girls we serve.
You may view a copy of our most recent 990 for Girls Incorporated of the Greater Capital Region and for the GIFTS Foundation Trust by clicking the links below. Form 990 is an annual reporting return that certain federally tax-exempt organizations, like ours, must file with the IRS. It provides information on the filing organization’s mission, programs, and finances.*
- Girls Incorporated of the Greater Capital Region serves girls in seven counties of the Capital Region with the majority of programming occurring at its centers in Albany and Schenectady. The mission of Girls Incorporated is to inspire all girls to be strong, smart and boldSM. Click here for the Girls Incorporated of the Greater Capital Region Form 990
- Girls Incorporated Foundation Trust Schenectady (GIFTS) was organized to assist Girls Incorporated of the Greater Capital Region in support of its services by performing fund raising functions, management of assets and distribution of necessary operating funds.Click here for the Girls Incorporated Foundation Trust Schenectady (GIFTS) Form 990
*A copy of our most recently filed annual financial report is available upon request or from the NYS Office of the Attorney General, Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271